Loptr works with small and medium-sized organizations to help build and run good information security programs. We’re a client’s virtual security team so our consultants do a lot: risk analysis, OSINT research, phishing, tabletop exercises, incident response, network scans, pen-testing, monitoring, compliance, configuration audits, password cracking, and audit readiness. We answer questions, offer solutions, and share guidance but we are more than advisors – we help our clients plan, deploy, manage, and monitor cybersecurity.
These are some of the ways our team describes Loptr:
- Flexible, casual, and people-oriented – we work together on projects and interact with clients a lot
- Fast-paced, always learning – we’re always expanding our skills and knowledge to keep up with technologies (and threats)
- Different every day – we work independently on multiple tasks, for multiple clients, each day
- Client-focused – we get to know a client’s people and business so we’re part of their team, too
These are the most valued traits of our consulting team:
- Problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making
- Writing and speaking effectively, communicating complex concepts as simply as possible
- Documenting and sharing knowledge, creating and refining processes and techniques
- Switching nimbly between tactical and strategic thinking
- Managing time, tasks, and deadlines (i.e., juggling)
Our consultants are people who will talk to anyone who will listen about cybersecurity. (Sorry, anyone!) We read about cybersecurity, we listen to podcasts, and we tinker with security and technology to hone our skills. We’re go-to friends and family members when someone has a security question. We’re generalists more than specialists, because we cover so much ground for our clients, but each team member has areas of deep expertise. These are some of the knowledge domains that help us the most:
- Operating systems and/or programming languages
- Internet and networking
- Compliance (e.g., HIPAA, PCI DSS, SHIELD Act, SOC 2)
- Frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF, NIST SP 800-171, ISO 27001, HITRUST)
- Security products (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, MDM, vulnerability scanner, firewall, endpoint security)
- Platform security (e.g., Office 365, Google Workspace, AWS)
We’re a small company, focused on building a great team over rapid growth. Our services aren’t one-and-done (clients work with us for years) so we build long-term relationships between our team and our clients – and within our team. We pay competitive salaries. We offer flexible work hours and unlimited time off. We stock our fridges, pantry, and coffee makers. We provide online training subscriptions and subsidize certification-based study. We have comfy chairs in a comfortable office (in East Aurora, New York). We invest in equipment, software, and platforms to build hands-on experience with the technologies our clients use. And we provide Viking helmets for every team member.
If you think Loptr is the right place for you, contact us.